Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Late supper/post mortem@Gastro Sentral, Le Meridian Kuala Lumpur

This cfter a long and hard day at work, i can finally rest my mind and tummy for a late meal. Lucky for me Gastro's kitchen closes late so I was able to grab my dinner there (1045 pm). Surprisingly, the place was packed with patrons, mostly executives, having drinks. Being hypoglycaemic, all I could think of was something sweet. 

Hence, the chocolate brownie order! RM 20. The portion was big, the size of an average pal share with 3-4 dessert lovers. Brownie was rather soft and gooey, with huge chunks of macadamia. Pretty good I must say, but I'd still prefer my brownies brown. Somehow it lacks the ooomph and kick when it is white chocolate instead.
The hot chocolate was yums! Thickened and not too sweet..with a hint of bitterness at the end palate. I could taste that they did melt the chocolate rather than fully powdered form. A good choice for a late meal with the intention to crash in bed later. RM 20.

This crunchy sandwich had the Gastro logo stamped next to it signifying its popularity. I decided to give it a try and boy oh boy, the portion was huge. But huge in the sense the bread was very thick but the ham portion was average. The bread was abit too thick for my liking as it was actually difficult to eat like a real sandwich and instead i only ate half the sandwich slice which was also difficult as the bread was rather hard. Average for my liking. RM 25.

Alas, the live music and decor does make the whole place a great one to hang out with friends and colleagues. I was infatuated by the colourful light bulbs placed on each table. So pwettyyyyyyy. 

I'm not sure when will it be my next visit here, probably in a LONG LONG while and I hope by then perhaps the food will impress me more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment